Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday Shop


What better way to celebrate Mother's Day than to feature a jewelry shop? Kim Mullins' jewelry shop is vibrant and her jewelry is versatile, to say the least. At Gemama you'll find handcrafted jewelry..."with an attitude."
This swarovski crystal wrap bracelet makes a bold statement. It would be great to add some flavor to a t-shirt and jeans ensemble. You could even use it to spice up your little black dress.


If you want to add a little fun to your day, use these long volcano swarovski crystal earrings. Do you like the style, but think 1.5 inches is a little long? Well, Kim also has shorter ones


The greens in this pendant are beautiful. It would be fabulous with a little silver clutch and some black earrings. Any simple chain would be great for it. Keep it simple though, because this pendant doesn't need any help. It's gorgeous.


What got you interested in making jewelry, Kim?
About six years ago, a friend's girlfriend showed me some of her beaded jewelry and gave me a necklace and earrings. My husband said my eyes lit up. He remembered that I used to paint and thought I would enjoy making jewelry. He gave me some tools to get started that Christmas, and I've been hooked ever since.


Where do you find your inspiration?
I find inspiration just about every where, but my favorite inspirations come from nature's colors: fall leaves, daylilies, the sun setting on the ocean, etc. There are so many wonderful color combinations in the scenery around us.


What is your favorite thing to create?
Currently, my favorite thing to make is anything that involves wire working and hammering sterling silver. My wirework pieces take the longest to make. The featured wrap bracelet takes me about an hour to make, but I get instant gratification from the finished product. I started out beading, then added wire work and fused glass. Next, I want to start soldering pieces and make pendants, rings, etc.


What are some of your other interests?
Can't pass up an opportunity for some more shameless self promotion. I sell Mary Kay and get to use some of the same creativity I use in making jewelry when helping women select make up colors that compliment their hair color, eye color, skin tone, etc. I also love scary movies and books. I'm currently reading the new Sookie Stackhouse book, Dead Reckoning.


Thank you so much, Kim!


-The Murfreesboro Etsy Team: http://www.etsy.com/teams/5505/murfreesboro-etsy-team


featured shop: gemama

No comments:

Post a Comment