Sunday, August 5, 2012

Inkjet Refill Kit Review

Inkjet Refill Kit
After completing a custom order for bath salt favors, my printer was running low on ink (again!). At 20 dollars or more a pop, refill cartridges are very expenisve. I find myself buying ink every 2-3 months. Finally, I broke down and bought a refill kit to try for myself. The claim is that refilling it yourself will save up to 80%. I purchased my kit on ebay; however, the one in the picture and more are available at this website: http://123refills.net/cic/category.php?category=Inkjet+Refill+Kits

Overall Grade = B+

I would buy the kit again in heartbeat because of the excellent value, but it was more messy and difficult than I expected. The kit requires you to look up a diagram of your cartridge model and drill through the hard plastic casing with a high speed drill. This provides a hole to inject the ink through a syringe. Luckily, I had a dremel tool to do this. The drill bit was provided in the kit. The actual filling of the ink was messy and only one syringe was provided for all 4 colors, magenta, yellow, cyan, black. It was necessary to wash the syringe between colors. When I was done, there was minor ink leakage from the cartridge, but that stopped after about 5 minutes.

If you have the technical know how to operate the drill and plenty of paper towels for cleaning, I would highly recommend refilling your ink cartridge over buying a new one. My best tips would be to completely cover the surface of your work area, work near a sink, and have a bottle of 70% rubbing alcohol on hand to clean up any spills. My kit included protective gloves for my hands.

The kit came with 1 oz of ink of each color, enough to refill the cartridge 3-4 times.

4 comments:

  1. OK, You can buy ink for refilling the cartridges with discount rate from http://www.cartridgediscount.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking this kind of post from long.. Thanks for sharing..God bless!!
    Best Cartridge Refilling In Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good review and yes I must say that there are quite a number of cheap inks available online.

    Pat of InkJetSuperStore pitney bowes 793 5

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, make sure that there is always enough ink in your cartridge. These cartridges are sensitive and they should always be in good shape. You can monitor the ink capacity of each cartridge by looking at the label. There is usually a limit on how much ink is left in the container. This way, you can easily have it refilled or you can buy a new one.

    Printer cartridge refilling in Laxmi Nagar, Delhi

    ReplyDelete