Friday, September 7, 2012

Must Have Accessory For Your Handmade Soaps

Crocheted Soap Savers from Zadzukki
Do you make soap or enjoy using luxurious handmade soaps? If so, you want to use every tiny scrap and piece and not waste an ounce. I've been making handmade soaps for over 10 years and I often give my mom my end bars and trimmings. She was using them as air fresheners or to make sachets; however, we recently discovered a hand crafted item that enables her to use the scraps and trimmings in a pampering bath, soap saver sacks. Since I don't knit or crochet, I purchased the ones for my mom from Zadzukki, a young crochet artisan from Smyrna, TN. You can get a custom made one for five dollars here:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/81476882/set-of-one-soap-saver-pick-your-color

To use the soap saver, simply open the drawstring at the top and insert your scraps, or as I prefer, the whole bar. Then, pull the strings and tie to close the sack. You can hang the soap saver from the shower head or faucet so your soap dries between usings and lasts longer. This also prevents your fancy soaps from turning mushy in the soap dish. Another thing I love about using the soap saver is that you wet the whole sack and scrub with it, making abudant lather and exfoliating your skin.

If you know how to knit, I found this free pattern online for you: http://knitting.about.com/od/knittingpatterns/p/drop_soap_sack.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment