|Silk Sari Ribbons|
A few tips to keep in mind if you are able to find some silk clothing to recycle at thrift stores or secondhand shops:
1) Always wash the fabric to remove odors.
2) Use a scissors to cut the first 2-3 inches of the fabric strip and then tear by hand for the slightly unraveled and rustic texture.
3) After each strip is torn, use your fingers to remove any long stray threads and snip the ends of the ribbons if they are unsightly.
4) Do not try and tear through seams.
5) Use your handmade ribbons for jewelry, scrap booking, or wrapping special gifts.