Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Featured Artisan, Elaine M, Braided Knot Jewelry

"I would love to visit Tennessee! I've always watched in movies and the scenery always seems breath taking. Also I know country music has a strong influence in your state and I have a soft spot for this kind of music... I also love the history and heritage associate with this area..."
-Elaine M

Green Aventurine and Moonstone Handmade Bracelet

Today's featured artisan, is Elaine M, owner of online jewelry, or as she would say, jewellery, shop Triouz . Elaine specialized in gemstone jewelry made using decorative braids and knots. She is from Brighton, England, but found our team and felt right at home. Let's take a look at some of her handmade items and find out a little more about our fellow artisan from across the pond! Below, you will find stunning photos of Elaine's work and snippets from our conversation.

Amber and Carnelian Bracelet
I used to make jewellery when I was younger when I was 13 years old. I always loved to make crafty things but making jewellery was something I truly enjoyed. I never sold them at that time, I would just make them as gifts to friends and family. I loved to go to the bead shops and I could spend hours in there. I learned it at that time looking closely to other pieces and figuring out how they were made. I always found it quite easy and a relaxing time for me. I remember I used to spend hours in my bedroom making different things... I got older and lack of time made me leave all that behind... 

Triple Wrap Bracelet
Just a few months ago I was listening to a podcast and she mentioned she used beading as a good way to unwind. I guess the fire just lighted on me again... Also about a year ago I started to explore the gemstones and their healing properties in my own life. I was going through a down phase, when you start to think if there is more to life than just work, money, etc... I felt a profound difference in my life since I started incorporating the stones. But I decided I wanted to use the gemstones in my body also during the day and going around shops I never found jewellery I would like and also the stones would always be combined and wrapped with metal. I wanted a more natural kind of jewellery, where the stones would also be direct in contact with my skin. I come originally from Brazil, a warm country, and I guess my design reflect this summertime accessories style...

Jasper Bracelet
I also learned a lot about numerology and the power of three in this past year and I try to apply it to all my pieces in the number of knots, strands and beads I use. The intention is always to enhance the healing the stones naturally provide. 
I love all the stones in different ways, if I had to choose one Amethyst would be the one, I love its color and calming properties. But lately I have developed a passion for Labradorite...
I would love to visit Tennessee! I've always watched in movies and the scenery always seems breath taking. Also I know country music has a strong influence in your state and I have a soft spot for this kind of music... I also love the history and heritage associate with this area...


I started my shop as I wanted to share my jewellery and the healing power of stones with other people. My aim is to make fair priced well thought pieces that will bring something different to people. I see Jewellery not only as way to improve appearance or express ourselves but a way to bring something very special and meaningful to our lives.

I have a facebook page where I also announce promotions, etc. I'll be giving away 2 bracelets this Thursday to celebrate 2 months of my Etsy shop! Please feel free to like page to take part in that or share with your readers...
www.facebook.com/triouz
I have a blog also but it's where I write some thought provoking thoughts I sometimes have...www.elainemartini.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/English


Best wishes from Brighton UK
Elaine



1 comment:

  1. Really pretty bracelets at very reasonable prices. Loved looking at them!

    ReplyDelete